CFAM is affiliated to the School of Aeronautics & Astronautics at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China. It locates at Aeronautics & Astronautics Building on the Minhang campus of Shanghai Jiao Tong University. The Group Leader of CFAM is Dr. Hui XU.
“CFAM” represents “Complex Flows and Applied Mathematics”. The main research interests of CFAM include :
- Hydrodynamic instability (laminar-turbulent transition)
- Artificial intelligence & machine learning in Fluid Mechanics
- Turbulence & Aeroacoustics
- Numerical analysis and high fidelity numerical methods
- Kinetic theory-based modelling/methods
- Other related areas
Our researches are/were supported by
- . . .
The members of CFAM include postdoctoral fellows, PhD candidates, M.SC. students, undergraduate students, etc. If you want to
- Apply for a domestic visiting scholar or postdoctoral fellow
- Study for a PhD or master’s degree
- Do an undergraduate thesis (limited to students of Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
To join the research group CFAM, please contact Hui XU with related materials including a resume with regular life photo, undergraduate transcript (for master’s degree), one-page “research motivation description”, and other materials that can help us know you better.
Please note that all applicants have to go through an interview in advance (the interview procedure is the same, and the final result depends on the two-way choice between you and your tutor).